JAPANESE INDEX TOP
Clean your motorcycle regularly to protect the surface finishes and inspect for damage, wear and oil leakage.
Avoid spraying high pressure water ( typical in coinoperated car washes ) at the following areas:
- 1.After cleaning, rinse the motorcycle thoroughly with plenty of clean water. Strong detergent residue can corrode alloy parts.
- Dry the motorcycle, start the engine, and let it run for several minutes.
- Lubricate the drive chain immediately after washing and drying the motorcycle
- Test the brakes before riding the motorcycle in traffic. Several applications may be necessary to restore normal braking performance.
Extended storage, such as for winter, requires that you take certain steps to reduce the effects of deterioration from non-use of the motorcycle.
In addition, necessary repairs should be made BEFORE storing the motorcycle; otherwise, these repairs may be forgotten by the time the motorcycle is removed from storage.
- Change the engine oil.
- Drain the fuel tank and carburetor. Spray the inside of the fuel tank with an aerosol rust-inhibiting oil. Reinstall the fuel fill cap on the tank.
- Remove the spark plug and pour a tablespoon ( 15 – 20 cm3 ) of clean engine oil into the cylinder. Operate the kickstarter several times to distribute the oil. spark plug.
- Remove the battery. Store in an area protected from freezing temperatures and direct sunlight. Check the electrolyte level and slow charge the battery
once a month.
- Wash and dry the motorcycle. Wax all painted surfaces.
- Lubricate the drive chain.
- Inflate the tyres to their recommended pressures. Place the motorcycle on blocks to raise both tyres off the ground.
- Cover the motorcycle ( don’t use plastic or other coated materials ) and store in an unheated area, free of dampness with a minimum of daily temperature
variation. Do not store the motorcycle in direct sunlight.
REMOVAL FORM STORAGE
- Uncover and clean the motorcycle. Change the engine oil if more than 4 months have passed since the start of storage.
- Check the battery electrolyte level and charge the battery as required. Install the battery.
- Drain any excess aerosol rust-inhibiting oil from the fuel tank. Fill the fuel tank with fresh petrol.
- Perform all Pre-ride Inspection checks. Test ride the motorcycle at low speeds in a sage riding area away from traffic.
TAMPERING WITH NOISE CONTROL SYSTEM PROHIBITED
Owners are warned that the law may prohibit:
- The removal or rendering inoperative by any person other than for purposes of maintenance, repair or replacement of any device or element of design
incorporated into any new vehicle for the purpose of noise control prior to its sale or delivery to the ultimate purchaser or while it is in use;? and
- The use of the vehicle after such device or element of design has been removed or rendered inoperative by any person.
JAPANESE INDEX TOP